Wits Student Call Centre

The Student Call Centre provides a telephonic and electronic service on student related enquiries.

How is our service?

Exemptions - What is a matriculation exemption and how do I get it?

Peter Pitout -

In terms of the Higher Education Act, anyone who wishes to pursue a first programme (degree) (Bachelors degree) needs a Senior Certificate with Matriculation endorsement (university entrance), or a certificate of exemption issued by the Matriculation Board.

Various types of exemption certificates may be issued depending on the qualification of the applicant.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.