Wits Student Call Centre

The Student Call Centre provides a telephonic and electronic service on student related enquiries.

How is our service?

Residence - When can I have my residence deposit back?

Peter Pitout -

If you have paid your deposit and now want to cancel your residence application, you must notify the Student Accommodation Office in writing of your cancellation by 31 January of the current academic year. You will then be able to re-claim your deposit provided that you do not owe the University for anything else.

If you cancel after 26 January of the current academic year, you will forfeit your deposit. If you have paid your deposit and you enter your residence, the deposit will remain in your fee account as a general payment towards your residence and will be offset against some of your residence costs for the current academic year.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.