Wits Student Call Centre

The Student Call Centre provides a telephonic and electronic service on student related enquiries.

How is our service?

Graduations - What about the name on my certificate and in the graduation booklet?

Nokwazi Maseko -

Please ensure that your full name is correctly reflected on the system as on your birth certificate, ID document or passport.

If your name is reflected incorrectly on your WITS record, or you have subsequently changed your name (legally), please submit a copy of your ID document or passport to your Faculty to process the necessary amendments.

This must be done at least 30 days prior to the ceremony date. Please consult your Faculty Office should there be a discrepancy in the details of your names.

Your official name at the time of graduation will appear on your certificate. 

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.