Wits Student Call Centre

The Student Call Centre provides a telephonic and electronic service on student related enquiries.

How is our service?

Study Visa - If I have written a South African matriculation, but I am not a South African citizen, do not have permanent residence and have had a Study Visa for school, do I need a Study Visa for university?

Nokwazi Maseko -

Yes. Even if your school Study Visa is still valid, you must apply for a change of conditions to study at Wits University.

Visas are not interchangeable or transferable. This also applies to students who change universities.

You can only study at Wits with a Study Visa that clearly states ‘to study at Wits'.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.